Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chapter 2: The Dream


                Taking my seat in the back of the class I began to feel the pull of sleep. An automatic reaction that comes with class especially in first period. Mr. tanner is my favorite teacher so I can normally shrug off the drowsiness that threatens to suppress me. The late bell rang and Mr. Tanner began “ Good morning students I hope you all have been studying for the exam on Friday. To begin  class today lets see who’s awake with a little review. Alright everyone stand up move around a little get ready…and.. MISS OADIRA!” Everyone in class turned to look at Oadira who had a look oh totally surprise and worry plastered on her face. “What was the urban capital of the ancient Han dynasty?” Mr. Tanner prompted “ The urban capital of the ancient Han dynasty is Chang'an.” Oadira replied with conviction a small smirk of pride played on her lips. “Very good Miss Oadira. Now on to the next question.” Oadira loves history and is very intelligent so she never has to worry about getting picked on at random for these sort of things. Even though she likes to pretend that she doesn’t know the answer.  Mr. Tanner continued pick one student after another applauding  those who answered correctly and over dramatically acting out the pain he felt when a question was answered wrong. The whole class began to crack up as he threw his hand dramatically  across his forehead and imitated a southern bell fainting. “Ohh my my how could you not know the answer after all my hard work in teaching ya’ll. I do declare I feel faint with the shivers now. Can anyone help me how about you Miss Scarlet?”  History is my best subject how hard can it be I thought to myself  “ Sure Mr. Tanner I’ll give it a shot.” Jumping back into a up right position he began to rub his hands together while an evil grin crept across his face. “ Since this will be the last question I think I’ll spice it up a bit. Depending on whether you answer correctly or not will decide what we will do the rest of class. Miss Scarlet are you ready for your question?” Mr. Tanner asked as if he was a game show host. I nodded in response and tried to remember all of what  we have been taught. “ Alright is there any agreement between scholars on why the Han and Roman dynasties were so flourishing?” Shot I thought to myself he might be tricking me what if there is a recent agreement! Ok lets think I believe the history book said there wasn’t one but who knows when those text books were last updated. I guess I’m winging it , taking a deep breath I looked at my classmates everyone’s eyes seemed to say the same thing don’t mess this up or your dead. I swallowed in hopes it would moisten my dry throat. “ Well this is a tricky question for there have been theories made yet so far no theory has won the support of the scholars.” I answered hoping that by explaining a bit it might help. Mr. Tanner stood at the front of the room thinking while pretending to smooth out a goatee. “Hmmm interestingly put now what shall I do should I say it’s right or wrong?” Oh god no I messed up I know it great just great nice going Scarlet now your classmates will hate you, ugh what’s wrong with you I  silently screamed at myself . Smirking Mr. Tanner spoke “ Miss Scarlet I am terrible sorry….. But I agree with your answer.” Heaving a sigh of relief I felt the tension melt away. “Since Miss Scarlet answered correctly for the rest of class instead of taking a pop quiz you all will take notes on chapters 14-16. It is homework if not finished in class also be sure and thank your classmate.” Having given the instructions Mr. Tanner sat down and began to read while my class said thanks to me. Rest of class passed quickly and when the bell rang I meet Oadira at the door and walked to are lockers where I exchanged history for chemistry my worst subject.  Saying by to Oadira and promising to meet back up after third period I went on my way towards chemistry. Mr. Bayer  was the strict type of teacher who thought education is meant to boring and put you to sleep.  Today’s lesson was to take notes on a video reviewing acids/bases, periodic table, minerals and ect. As the video drowned on I began to slip into sleep as drowsiness took hold. The sounds of the video along with every thing else faded until completely gone. Instead the sweat songs of mockingbirds filled my ears along with the sound of flowing water in the distance.  I ran barefooted through giant trees in the forest behind my families cabin. No longer was I sixteen but four in my favorite  yellow sun dress.  I began to twirl letting the scenery blur into a lush green and my dress twirl out around me.  the trees seemed to dance around me in celebration of my joy . Up ahead I could see a glistening blue lake with a waterfall that reflected the moons glow. I laid down  next to the lake and began watching the stars when a nostalgic tune began to play. Unable to figure out where it was coming from I got up and began to follow the notes that floated through the air. The notes led to a meadow covered in beautiful red flowers that shimmered  in the moon light. There sitting on a rock was a boy around the age of five playing a wooden flute. As if sensing me the boy opened his eyes and looked into mine. My breath caught as my pulse sped up I couldn’t look away as his dark green eyes meet my blue eyes. I felt like I had known him forever that I was meant to be by his side forever and always. My heart gave a squeeze as I noticed that my age was once again sixteen. Looking down I saw that I was now in a deep dark red dress that matched the gem of my necklace perfectly. Returning my gaze to the boy I realized that he had also changed. Where once a five year old was a muscular seventeen year old guy stood. He had the same green eyes but his black hair now seemed to match the color or the night. Also he was no longer on his rock but right in front of me! The mysterious guy reached out and cupped my cheek with his hand. What am I doing I thought this isn’t right I don’t know him I shouldn’t let him touch me like this. Even though I thought this my heart craved for him more. Using all my willpower I was able to take a step back.  “ I’m not going to hurt you my lovely night flower.” He said in a voice that was deep and seductive. Ohh god I could feel myself melt with every word, what’s wrong with me I don’t fall for random guys. “Who are you?” I asked struggling to calm my racing heart and hoping that he couldn’t tell how attracted to him I was. “ I believe you already know after all I feel like I’ve known you forever so don’t you think it would be mutual?” He asked a smirk playing on his lips. Dang why am I so attracted to him I can’t think straight all that’s on my mind is wanting kiss him. UGGG I am so not like this why does he make he have all these perverted thoughts? Why do I feel like I’ve known him forever? Why is it that I can sense something dark about him? “Alright so if you are feeling the same way as me then maybe you know why I can’t think straight around you. Also even if I feel connected to you a name is always nice.” I said with my best seductive smile, two can play this game big guy. “Okay scarlet my dear night flower but you better remember for I shall only say it once.” He said with seductive smile back God it annoys me how cocky this guy is. Stepping closer to me he leaned close and whispered “Zane” and then gave me a kiss on the cheek. “W-Wait what was tha-….” RIIINNNG jumping out of my seat I looked around to see that I was back in my chemistry class room, does that mean it was all just a dream I wondered?


No comments:

Post a Comment